We envision a world that acknowledges, nourishes and expresses the fundamental human quality of compassion in all relationships and dimensions of community.
Our mission is to build a diverse network of partners that become 'Compassionate Organizations' through collaboration, inquiry and service regionally and internationally.
- INQUIRE what “compassion” means to people from diverse groups within the community
- COLLABORATE to develop a shared sense of ownership and conviction in the vision, mission, and goals among many different individuals and groups in the community
- PRACTICE relating to ourselves and one another with compassion, kindness and respect as we work together
- COLLABORATE with compassion initiatives locally, regionally, nationally and wider world
- SERVE to facilitate the development of 'Compassionate Organizations' through the use of our Toolkit
Current Specific Goals
- DEVELOP a sustainable organizational structure and financial base.
- ENGAGE the City of Halifax to affirm and commit to be a 'Compassionate City'.
- SUPPORT diverse organizations as they explore becoming 'Compassionate Organizations'.